Show Your Thinking
Home
You are Here »
Home
» » Merry Christmas!
0
Merry Christmas!
◄ Newer Post
Older Post ►
Popular Posts
Standards Based Grading (SBG) vs. Another Assessment
In my district, students take an assessment by Discovery Education . Students take "Benchmark" Assessments four times during the ...
Students and Screen Time
Kids are great with technology and they love it! I also love technology and am lucky to work in a district with 1:1 devices for our student...
The Trick That Can Help Find More Joy in Teaching
When I read this article from Babble called The Trick That's Helping Me Find More Joy in Parenting , I felt inspired to write a post in ...
1 + 1 = 3 (How to tell your students that you are pregnant)
Yes... I'm going to have a baby! I'm about 13 weeks along and so excited. I've been waiting to tell people at school and my st...
Stop the Viral Homework Assignments!
Recently I wrote a blog post about a math assignment that had gone viral on social media. Yesterday I came across yet another homework ass...
Irrational Numbers: A Piece of Pi
When I teach irrational numbers, of course I have to include pi! (by the way, I have memorized 30 digits and also have pi earrings) One way ...
Using Chip Models for Adding/Subtracting Integers
My district has adopted a new curriculum, Connected Mathematics 3 (CM3). Right now we are working on Integers and CM3 has students use a ch...
Precise Language
As teachers we must model the behavior we want to see from our students. This includes using precise mathematical language . One example of...
Standards Based Grading "AH-HA" Moments
At the last district institute day, my colleague and I were asked to speak to our peers about the purpose of grading with standards based gr...
Hour of Code- How it Went
On Monday and Tuesday my students and I participated in the Hour of Code . I had my students do the "Scratch" activity where they...
Diberdayakan oleh
Blogger
.
Copyright 2011
Show Your Thinking
is proudly powered by
blogger.com